#banner { background-position: 0px 0px; /* move banner flush against top and left edge of blog */ }

Wednesday

SoNO! - Sony hosts yet another clinic on how NOT to build BUZZ



As reported by the Daily Mail, Sony was at it again with another poorly thought-out promotional stunt. The tech giant (whose toys I do adore) used a slaughtered goat to promote the launch of their newest video game God Of War II. Mind you God of War is violent, and that’s why I like it - But a decapitated goat? hmmm...

According to the Mail, "Guests at the event were even invited to reach inside the goat’s still-warm carcass to eat offal from its stomach."

After shots of the launch party showed up in Sony’s official PlayStation magazine, Sony said "SORRY" for the stunt and stopped the presses on all print media featuring the event. This reminds me of the time I sacrificed my little brother's gold fish, Stevie. It was I who was the god of sibling rivalry that day! [bd]





No comments: